A diverse program of occupational health care services designed to partner with employers of all sizes to meet their work-related medical needs. This program is led by the expertise of the Family Medicine providers in collaboration with medical specialties to help employers keep their employees safe, well, and productive in today’s work force.
- Accident/Injury Treatment
- Easy access.
- Quicker, more cost effective alternative to the emergency room for non-emergency injuries.
- ConvenientCare hours for treatment of injuries outside of regular clinic hours.
- A family medicine provider is on-call during regular clinic hours for quick treatment of injuries or illnesses that need immediate attention.
- Physical Exams and Evaluations
- Pre-placement/post job offer.
- Periodic/Health maintenance.
- Respirator medical clearance including pulmonary function testing.
- DOT (Department of Transportation).
- FAA (Federal Aviation Administration).
- Substance Abuse Screening
- No Appointment necessary.
- Drug screen and breath alcohol services provided in the clinic from 8 am to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8:30 am to 11:30 am Saturday.
- Post-accident drug screen and breath alcohol services provided during regular clinic and ConvenientCare hours, Monday through Friday, and Saturday mornings.
- Automated instant drug testing with eScreen.
- Breath alcohol testing with certified breath alcohol technicians.
- Software providing non-DOT random drug and alcohol selections.
- On-Site Programs
- On-site walk through by members of the Yankton Medical Clinic Occupational Medicine teams.
- On-site audiologic evaluations and diagnostic hearing testing by a board certified audiologist.
- Health, Wellness and Education programs for a variety of topics.
- Immunizations including flu, tetanus or hepatitis vaccines.
- Health and Wellness Screenings including Blood Pressure, Pulse, Height, Weight and Lab tests as indicated.
- American Heart Association CPR/AED and/or First Aid Certification.
- Occupational Medicine Coordinator
- Direct contact for employers.
- Facilitates communication between the employer and the medical staff.
- Assists employers with patient tracking and management of individual workman’s compensation cases.
For more information concerning the Yankton Medical Clinic’s Occupational Medicine Services, please call Liz Wortmann, RN, BSN, Occupational Medicine Coordinator at (605) 665-7841 Ext. 2926.