A diverse program of occupational health care services designed to
meet the needs of the business community. The program is focused within
the department of family practice, but incorporates all levels and areas
of medicine, to provide a depth of expertise which is demanded by
today's work force.
- Accident/Injury Treatment
- Easy access.
- The majority of injuries can be treated in the clinic setting
thereby creating a significant cost savings compared to emergency room
- Return to work with a minimum of lost time.
- ConvenientCare hours for treatment of injuries
- Physical Exams and Evaluations
- Pre-placement/post job offer utilizing the Clinic's standard exam or
one customized to meet the needs of your business.
- Periodic/Health maintenance
- Respirator fitness including pulmonary function testing
- DOT (Department of Transportation)
- FAA (Federal Aviation Administration)
- Substance Abuse Screening
- Utilize SAMHSA (formerly NIDA) approved laboratory for all drug
- Next day results typically reported on negative drug screens.
- Post accident drug screen and breath alcohol during regular clinic
and ConvenientCare hours, except on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Weekday and Saturday morning collection hours.
- On-site urine drug screen collections.
- In-clinic urine drug screen collections.
- Breath alcohol testing with certified breath alcohol technicians.
- Software providing non-DOT random drug and alcohol
- MRO (Medical Review Officer) services available.
- Work Site Programs
- On-site walk through by members of the Yankton Medical Clinic
Occupational Medicine team providing individualized or group
- On-site audiologic evaluations and diagnostic hearing testing by a board certified audiologist.
- Health, Wellness and Education Programs such as Carpal Tunnel
Syndrome, Reducing Cardiac
Risk Factors, Smoking Cessation, Stress Management, or
any topic in the healthcare field.
- Certification or participation in CPR and/or First Aid courses.
- Immunizations including flu, tetanus or hepatitis vaccines.
- Health and Wellness Screenings including Blood Pressure, Pulse,
Height, Weight and Lab tests as indicated.
- Occupational Medicine Coordinator
- Direct contact for employers to assist them in designing programs
and meeting their individual health care needs.
- Facilitates communication between the employer and the medical
- Assists employers with patient tracking and management of individual
workman's compensation cases.
- Provide on-site health education, assessment, and prevention
For more information concerning the Yankton Medical Clinic's
Occupational Medicine Program, please call Sharon Rucker, RN, BSN,
Occupational Medicine Coordinator at (605) 665-7841 Ext. 2926.
©2011 Yankton Medical Clinic, P.C. All rights reserved.