HERE FOR YOU.
When you have questions.
Your health is important to us and we know you have questions. We are here to answer any questions and help.
COVID-19 Q & A
Yankton Medical Clinic, P.C. is working with the local community and state health officials to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Information rapidly changes, for in-depth information trust a credible source such as the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Good personal hygiene is key to preventing the spread of COVID-19. If you think you have been exposed and have symptoms, call your health care provider and stay home unless directed to seek medical attention. Follow the advice of your health care provider.
- CALL your health care provider BEFORE coming in to be seen
- Stay home when you are sick
- Avoid close contact of anyone who is sick
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available
- Cover your cough or sneeze (and then wash your hands or use hand sanitizer)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Clean and disinfect surfaces
- Avoid groups of 10 or more people
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet between people
- Call your health care provider to discuss your symptoms and follow his or her directions
- Follow the CDC guidelines for COVID-19
- Stay home if you are sick
Patients can pick up prescriptions that are ready using our convenient drive-thru during pharmacy hours. Free mail out prescription service is also available for South Dakota and Nebraska patients. Refills can be ordered over the phone, Patient Portal or online by using RefillRX
Virtual visits or E-visits can be scheduled with your provider by calling your provider’s appointment line and requesting a virtual visit. In most cases, appointments can be scheduled for the same day. E-visits can also be scheduled using the Patient Portal.
If you are healthy and have a provider’s lab order, we have an alternative lab location for you. Available on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8-10 a.m. and 1-3 p.m. visit Fyzical at 801 Summit St. to have your lab procedure completed. If you are ill or having respiratory symptoms, talk to your provider about your lab location.
Your health is our top priority, and we want you to continue to stay healthy. If you are not feeling ill or have not had a cough or fever in the last 14 days you can keep your annual exam appointment.
We are taking the recommended precautions set forth by the South Dakota Department of health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). You may notice some changes, but rest assured we are taking the necessary precautions to protect the health of patients, staff and all who enter the clinic.
- We have limited entrance points of the clinic to the North and Southwest doors. At each door a member of our staff will take your temperature and ask about any symptoms you may have. Based on your answers further steps are taken to protect the health of all our patients and staff.
- We have added registration stations to allow space between patients and our waiting rooms have been adjusted for sick and well patients.
- Phone screening of patients before scheduling appointments.
- Screening everyone who enters the clinic for fever and COVID-19 symptoms.
- Visitors are limited to one per patient.
- Our staff is wearing appropriate protective equipment.
- Exam rooms are available based on patient condition.
- Telephone office visits are available.
- Virtual office visits are available.
- Three registration stations are located on the main floor of Yankton Medical Clinic to maintain 6 feet between people.
For the protection of all of our patients and staff we are limiting visitors to one healthy adult per patient. If possible, keep children not seeing a provider at home or with a caregiver. Any visitors with a fever or cough will not be allowed.
- Use the Patient Portal to easily send a medical message to your provider
- Vermillion Medical Clinic: 605-624-8643
- Yankton Medical Clinic, P.C. 605-665-7841
- Visit our Find a Provider page for direct phone numbers for providers
- Yankton Medical Clinic, P.C. – Norfolk
- Ear, Nose & Throat 402-844-8110
- Internal Medicine 402-316-4606
Yes, we are accepting donations of homemade cloth masks. Our preferred mask, pattern and instructions can be found on our website.Make Cloth Masks