The Yankton Medical Clinic Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC) is a perfect option for patients who require minimally invasive procedures or outpatient surgical care. In the past, hospitals may have been the only viable setting for these procedures. But the Yankton Medical Clinic ASC provides patients with an alternative venue–one specifically designed to make outpatient procedures safer, more convenient, and more cost effective.
What is an Ambulatory Surgical Center?
The Yankton Medical Clinic Ambulatory Surgical Center is located on the lower floor of our Yankton location. With 2 operating rooms and 2 procedure rooms, we have 4 full time surgical technicians, a sterile processing department, and 2 certified registered nurse anesthetists.
Each nurse in our ASC (Ambulatory Surgical Center) is certified in ACLS and PALS, as well as our entire staff being certified in BLS. ASCs continue to provide a environment that demonstrates a excellent safety record. Since 2015 the Yankton Medical Clinic ASC has been accredited by AAAHC (the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care) to ensure our patients receive high quality care.
With our high-tech operating and treatment rooms, our ASC is fully equipped to perform a wide variety of minor surgical and minimally-invasive procedures.
The Yankton Medical Clinic ASC is fully physician-owned. Generally, patients are referred to our ASC directly by their doctor. Patients will then undergo a screening process in order to ensure they’re a good fit for outpatient procedures at our ASC. These screenings ensure patient safety and help improve outcomes. The goal is to provide patients with an option for undergoing surgery as safely and conveniently as possible.
Procedures Performed at the Yankton Medical Clinic ASC
- Orthopedic surgeries: This includes knee arthroscopy, carpal tunnel, ulnar nerve transposition, ganglion cyst/soft tissue mass excisions, distal radial fractures, I&D of wounds and shoulder surgeries.
- General Surgery procedures: From hernia repairs, colonoscopy, esophagogastroduodenoscopy, Bravo procedures, laparoscopic cholecystectomy, soft tissue mass removal, skin lesion removal, port-a-cath placements, breast lumpectomy to several others.
- Endoscopies: Including upper endoscopies and colonoscopies, which check the health of the intestines and digestive system.
- Urology procedures: Such as prostate biopsy, cystoscopies for bladder biopsies, urethral stent exchanges, and other procedures as determined by the physician.
- Pain management: A pain management physician is at our Ambulatory Surgical Center every week to do injections. These treatments help patients manage chronic pain.
- OB/GYN: Tubal ligation and other procedures as determined by the physician.
- ENT procedures: ENT procedures can cover everything from tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy, bilateral ventilation tubes to include replacement, closed nasal reductions, sinus surgery, septoplasty, wide local excision for ear/facial cancers, and other approved CMS surgeries.
New procedures and capabilities are often added, so patients with questions about treatments offered at the Yankton Medical Clinic ASC should ask their physician directly.
Why Should I Choose the Yankton Medical Clinic ASC?
In addition to several other benefits, continuity of care between patients and their physician is exceptional and one of the highest rated factors by our patients. Some of those advantages include:
- Designed for outpatient care from the ground up: This means that your entire experience will be centered around your status as an outpatient. From intake to recovery, everything is designed to get patients home quickly and safely.
- Cost savings: Because of the way that ASCs are organized, patients can enjoy significant cost savings over hospitals, even after insurance is applied.
- Lower risk of infection: Because ASCs rigorously screen patients and reschedule anyone who happens to be ill, there’s usually a modestly lower risk of secondary infection when you have your procedure performed at an ASC. The lower patient-to-physician ratio also helps in this regard.
- Higher nurse to patient ratio: More nurses–and specially trained Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists–mean you can receive more individualized and attentive care.
- Exceptional Ratings: Our verified patient rating from Rater8 is consistently a 4.8 to a 4.9 rating out of a perfect 5 stars on Google, Rater8, Healthgrades, WebMD, and Vitals! We are very proud of our rating and work hard to maintain outstanding patient service.
Ask Your Physician if our ASC is Right for your Surgery!
If you have questions about our ambulatory surgical center, contact us or talk to your physician about whether the Yankton Medical Clinic ASC might be an appropriate venue for your next outpatient procedure.