Mastectomy procedures have changed over the years and Dr. Ryan Garry performs the latest techniques to offer you the best choice for your care.
- A skin-sparing mastectomy is a right choice for some types of tumors. This procedure removes the breast tissue, nipple, and areola. But not the skin.
- Lumpectomy: A lumpectomy is a type of breast cancer surgery in which the tumor and a small amount of surrounding tissue called the margin is removed. The purpose of a lumpectomy is to remove the cancerous cells.
- Hidden scar procedure places the surgery scar in a location not easily seen so the scar is hidden when it heals.
- Dr. Garry works with a plastic surgeon for nipple-sparing mastectomies that removes only the breast tissue, sparing the skin, nipple, and areola.
- Breast reconstruction is performed immediately after both the skin and nipple-sparing procedures with the plastic surgeon.
Dr. Ryan Garry is a board-certified, Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He specializes in the newest breast surgery technologies right here at home. For more information or to make an appointment, call us at 605-664-2742.