Page updated 1/6/21
The COVID-19 vaccine has started to make its way to frontline workers in hospitals. Check out some frequently asked questions and answers surrounding the COVID-19 vaccine.
Yankton Medical Clinic, P.C. is thrilled that so many of you want to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Our service area encompasses two states and depending on which state you reside will determine vaccine distribution for you personally. Our clinics currently do not have COVID-19 vaccine available to administer to the public.
We do not have a waiting list and are not taking names to contact when the vaccine is available. We will follow the CDC and the South Dakota and Nebraska Departments of Health guidelines for distribution. We continue to monitor the situation and will update information as it becomes available on our social media channels, website and news outlets.
UPDATE: Check out our COVID-19 Vaccine FAQ PageCOVID-19 Vaccine Q&A
Yankton Medical Clinic, P.C. is working with the local community and state health officials to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Information rapidly changes, for in-depth information trust a credible source such as the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
In an effort to slow the spread of respiratory illness, Yankton Medical Clinic, P.C. is asking patients to minimize the number of visitors brought with you to our clinics. Patients can utilize the Patient Portal to send a message to your provider or call us during regular clinic hours.
For the safety of our patients and staff, wear a mask and attend your appointment alone if you are able. Visitors are limited to one per patient at all of our clinic locations.
What is COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a respiratory illness spread through close contact with an infected person. Symptoms range from mild to severe and include:
- Shortness of Breath
- Loss of taste or smell
Older adults and individuals with chronic conditions such as heart, kidney or lung disease are at greater risk of complications
What to Expect at Our Clinics
We have made some adjustments to our processes and are following recommendations set forth by the South Dakota Department of Health and the CDC. You may notice some changes, but rest assured we are taking the necessary precautions to protect the health of patients, staff and all who enter the clinic.
- Patients and visitors are asked several screening questions at entrances
- Patients and visitors are asked to wear a cloth face covering when entering the clinic.
- Phone screening of patients before scheduling appointments.
- Visitors are limited to one per patient.
- Our staff is wearing appropriate protective equipment.
- Exam rooms are available based on patient condition.
- Telephone office visits are available.
- Virtual office visits are available.
- Two registration stations are located on the main floor of Yankton Medical Clinic to maintain 6 feet between people.
- Disinfecting schedules have increased in frequency.
- Waiting room chairs have been reduced and spaced to maintain social distance.
What Can I Do to Protect Myself?
Good personal hygiene is key to preventing the spread of COVID-19. If you think you have been exposed and have symptoms, call your health care provider and stay home unless directed to seek medical attention. Follow the advice of your health care provider.
- CALL your health care provider BEFORE going in to be seen
- Stay home when you are sick
- Avoid close contact of anyone who is sick
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available
- Cover your cough or sneeze (and then wash your hands or use hand sanitizer)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Clean and disinfect surfaces
- Avoid groups of 10 or more people
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet between people
What Do I Do if I think I Have COVID-19?
- Call your health care provider to discuss your symptoms and follow his or her directions
- Follow the CDC guidelines for COVID-19
- Stay home if you are sick
To Reach Providers at Yankton Medical Clinic, P.C.
- Use the Patient Portal to easily send a medical message to your provider
- Vermillion Medical Clinic: 605-624-8643
- Yankton Medical Clinic, P.C. 605-665-7841
- Visit our Find a Provider page for direct phone numbers for providers
- Yankton Medical Clinic, P.C. – Norfolk
Resources for More Information
If you would like to assist in making cloth masks, learn more on our website at the button below.Make Cloth Masks