It has come to our attention that patients have received phone calls from callers claiming to represent Yankton Medical Clinic, P.C. During this call, they ask for personal information to file a medical claim. We take the security of your protected health information very seriously.
Departments in our clinics such as our providers, nurses, or patient accounts office will call patients for information. We will not ask you for your Medicare ID number over the phone. If additional Medicare information is needed, we will contact you in writing. If at any time during a phone call, you suspect suspicious activity follow these steps:
- Do not give out personal information such as your Medicare ID number
- Get the first name and department of the caller & which location they are claiming to call from
- Hang up and call our clinic directly and ask to be transferred to the name you were given
- Yankton Medical Clinic Switchboard – 605-665-7841
- Vermillion Medical Clinic – 605-624-8643
- Yankton Medical Clinic P.C., Ear, Nose & Throat – 605-665-0062
- Yankton Medical Clinic, P.C. – Norfolk
- Internal Medicine – 402-316-4606
- Specialty Clinic – 402-844-8110
If you have received a phone call and have provided the caller with Medicare or insurance information, review your explanation of benefits (EOB) or other notifications you receive from your insurance company. Verify each claim and the provider paid for services. If you find any suspicious claims, contact the insurance company at the phone number listed on the EOB.