We have been providing quality health care services to the residents of south-central and southeastern South Dakota and northeastern Nebraska for more than 75 years. We strive to meet the unique and increasing health care needs of our region because our commitment is to you and your family.
Through our strong desire to promote higher education and to provide resources for youth to seek higher education, we award several scholarships to students to be used for the educational costs of attending an institution of higher learning. The scholarships include the following:
- Five $1,000 scholarships to high school seniors within our service area majoring in a health care field
- One $1,000 scholarship to a currently enrolled college student majoring in:
- Respiratory Therapy
- Radiology Technician
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- One $5,000 scholarship to a Pillar III medical student at the University of South Dakota Sanford School of Medicine
- Students must live within our service area and plan to return to work within 50 miles of Yankton
- The application for the 2023-24 academic year is open.
- Review the list of eligible high schools in our service area
- For complete details including GPA & ACT requirements, see the application for each scholarship.