Virtual medicine, also called telehealth, e-visits or telemedicine, allows you to visit with your health care provider from the comfort of your home using any device with a camera and microphone. We use a system called OttoHealth for our virtual visits, no special software or downloading apps are required for your visit.
Using the device you will be using for your telehealth visit with your provider, follow these instructions:
- You will receive two links in your email or as a text message.
- Test your device – It is important to complete this step prior to your appointment.
- The second link from OttoHealth will be the link that connects you to your provider. It will be active 60 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- Ten minutes prior to the time of your appointment, click on your appointment link
- Click on “Let’s Go” and “Continue”
- Review the telehealth risks and benefits information – Check the box that you have read and understand
- Check the box for consent to use telehealth
- Review the health policies and check the boxes
- Complete the patient’s first and last name
- Fill in the patient date of birth
- If the patient is a minor (under 18) the parent/guardian will need to check “Legal Representative”
- Fill out the parent/guardian information and the ability to enter the patient’s date of birth will be enabled
- Click on the blue “Join Visit” icon. Once you have joined, your provider can also join the appointment.
- You should be able to see yourself on the top left side of your device.
If you have any questions or you are unable to connect, please call us and we can troubleshoot the issue.Printable Instructions