We are committed to the education of future health care providers and provide opportunities for real-world experiences. It is through this commitment that we are pleased to offer a clinical enrichment program for nursing students.
Clinical enrichment program intern, under the direct supervision of a licensed, registered nurse will be responsible for utilizing the nursing process to help him/her provide adequate nursing care at Yankton Medical Clinic. The intern will assist nursing staff with several nursing functions including:
- Assessing medical needs of patients and implementing care
- Performing selected nursing procedures/treatments
- Patient education
- Proper use of documentation
- Participation in nursing/staff meetings to improve understanding of professional nursing
- Shadowing experiences
- Presentation of a clinical case study and policy
- Program available at the main Yankton Medical Clinic location in Yankton, S.D.
- Paid position
- Applicant must attend an accredited college, university or vocational-technical program in the United States
- BSN students who are between their 3rd and 4th year or ADN student between their 1st and 2nd year
- Preference will be given to South Dakota students who are current residents of South Dakota or who are attending an academic institution within South Dakota; however, any student meeting criteria may apply.
- Must be CPR certified
- Provide an updated vaccine record, including but not limited to:
- TB test
- Hepatitis B
The schedule will include a total of 320 hours at our Yankton Medical Clinic main location. Hours included will be 4-5 eight-hour shifts Monday-Friday, over a 10-12 week period between May-August; with occasional work on Saturday and/or Sundays.
Applications for the 2022 program are due April 1, 2022.Click Here To Apply
For more questions about the program contact: