At Yankton Medical Clinic we offer a variety of diagnostic imaging to provide you the best possible care.
General Radiology (X-ray)
- Small doses of gamma rays produce an image of your body.
- Computerized radiology equipment to provide for consistently clear images.
- Radiology technologists participate in an aggressive continuing medical education program each year.
- Certified Radiologic technologist on staff.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Our new Achieva 1.5T magnetic resonance imaging scanner from Phillips Medical Systems provides your physician with quality imaging with the latest technology. This system offers some of the clearest images available today.
- An MRI uses a powerful magnet in conjunction with radio frequency waves to generate images of your internal organs and structures. It’s one of the least invasive tests that can see inside the body.
- High scan speed reduces scan time to approximately 30 minutes. Many scans leave shoulders and head outside of the opening.
- An x-ray which uses a contrast medium to provide a look at the interior of your organs, particularly the stomach and the colon.
- State-of-the-art digital fluoroscopy unit provides exceptional image quality while minimizing exam time and reducing patient x-ray exposure.
Computerized Tomography (CT)
- Computerized scanning which provides physicians with a slice by slice look at the body.
- Our 21-slice scanner offers the ultimate in speed and precision.
- Convenient scheduling with same day testing available which offers patients increased speed of service without needing to leave the building.
- Certified CT technologists participate in an aggressive continuing medical education program each year.
- Accredited through the American College of Radiology
3-D Digital Mammography (Comprehensive Breast Care Center)
- A low-dose x-ray of the breast.
- State-of-the-art 3-D digital mammography equipment.
- Comprehensive Breast Care Center is accredited by the American College of Radiology and the Food and Drug Administration.
- Aggressive Quality Assurance program offering guaranteed follow-up.
- Digital Stereotactic Unit which provides for non-surgical breast biopsies. The procedure takes approximately 30 minutes and the patient can go back to work or home. Results are given within 3-5 days.
- Certified mammography technologists are your assurance of always receiving the highest standard of care.
- Registered ultrasound sonographers performing breast ultrasounds.
- Mammography technologists participate in an aggressive continuing medical education program each year.
- Mammography staff members are active through various public servant organizations such as the breast and cervical cancer coalition, SD Dept. of Health, public schools, public education presenters and Every Woman Matters.
- Member of the Yankton Women’s Health Forum.
- Small amounts of x-ray energy measure the amount of bone mass in the body.
- Easy, quick and convenient testing.
- Osteoporosis prevention program.
General and OB/GYN Ultrasound
- High-frequency sound waves produce a moving image of your body.
- State-of-the-art color flow Doppler ultrasound equipment.
- State-of-the-art 3D/4D Ultrasound.
- Entire staff of Abdomen and OB/GYN sonographers is registered by the ARDMS.
- Four staff members registered in breast ultrasound.
- Three staff members registered in nuchal translucency.
- Convenient same-day appointment availability.
- Ultrasound technologists participate in an aggressive continuing medical education program each year.
- Accredited by the AIUM.
- Non-invasive testing of the heart, arteries and veins through ultrasound and physiological testing such as blood pressure and pulse readings.
- ICAEL and ICAVL accredited in echo and vascular.
- Contrast Echocardiography available with harmonics.
- All vascular sonographers certified by ARDMS.
- All cardiac sonographers certified by ARDMS.
- Stress echo lab with state-of-the-art equipment.