GET DIRECT ANSWERS
TO THE MOST COMMON HIP REPLACEMENT QUESTIONS.
Hip pain can stop you in your tracks, robbing your favorite activities of joy and drastically curtailing your ability to move around. When non-surgical treatments fail to relieve your pain, hip replacement surgery can get you moving again.
In this resource, “Thinking About a Hip Replacement,” two board certified surgeons answer your most pressing hip replacement questions. They cover topics such as:
- When hip replacement might be the best option for you.
- The goals of a total hip replacement procedure.
- The difference between traditional hip replacement and Direct Anterior Total Hip Replacement.
- Why a total hip replacement might or might not be the best option for you.
- What to expect from hip replacement surgery and recovery.
- The benefits that you can anticipate once your hip replacement is completed.
WHAT IS HIP REPLACEMENT SURGERY?
Arthritis of the hip can develop for a wide variety of reasons, from injury to age. Once it becomes severe enough, this can cause significant pain. That pain is likely to increase over time, eventually making it hard to move around.
That’s why hip replacement surgery is such an important–and popular–procedure. More than 450,000 hip replacements are performed every year with an incredibly high success rate. Once the hip is replaced and your recovery is complete, you’ll be able to return to many of your favorite activities.
For certain patients, hip replacement surgery can be performed on an outpatient basis at an ambulatory surgery center. This offers patients improved outcomes and greater savings.
YOUR HIP REPLACEMENT ANSWERS
It’s very common for patients to have many questions about hip replacement surgery. This free, downloadable resource is designed to answer the most common and most pressing of these questions. These questions can include:
- When should I get a hip replacement?
- Who do I talk to about hip replacement?
- What are the next steps after my hip replacement?
- Are there alternatives to full hip placement?