Carole Schulte, LPN, orthopedics, was awarded the 2018 Award for Nursing Excellence at Yankton Medical Clinic, P.C. Nominations for the award are submitted by the nursing staff and reviewed by a randomly selected award committee. Schulte celebrates 40 years of nursing and has worked at Yankton Medical Clinic, P.C. in multiple departments for 24 years.
“She [Carole] is always willing to help another co-worker with patient needs, the patient is always first”, said Kristal Vogt who was one of several who nominated Schulte for the award. Vogt continued to say “she cares for others and takes care of community members as well.”
The annual award was created three years ago to recognize the contributions and hard work of nurses at Yankton Medical Clinic and is presented during National Nurses Week. Past winners include Barb Aman and Kristie Jensen.
Criteria for the award include:
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity and dependability
- Anticipates needs of co-workers, make an effort to help others and willing to help other departments when needed
- Shows kindness and compassion to all persons
- Serves as a consistent, reliable resource for others
- Viewed by peers as a knowledgeable, strong patient advocate with exceptional clinical and critical thinking skills