Jean Binder, RN has been awarded the 2019 Award for Nursing Excellence at Yankton Medical Clinic, P.C. Nominations for the award are submitted by the nursing staff and reviewed by a randomly selected award committee. Binder celebrates 39 years of nursing and has worked at Yankton Medical Clinic, P.C. in multiple departments for 24 years, she currently works in the orthopedic department.
“Jean adapts to whatever area she is working in and always puts the patient’s needs first.” One nominee said of Binder. Another praised, “She [Binder] is always willing to lend a helping hand if needed or answer any questions we may have.”
The annual award was created to recognize the contributions and hard work of nurses at Yankton Medical Clinic, P.C. and is presented during National Nurses Week May 6-12. Past winners include Barb Aman, Kristie Jensen and Carole Schulte.
Criteria for the award include:
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity and dependability
- Anticipates needs of co-workers, make an effort to help others and willing to help other departments when needed
- Shows kindness and compassion to all persons
- Serves as a consistent, reliable resource for others
- Viewed by peers as a knowledgeable, strong patient advocate with exceptional clinical and critical thinking skills.